Forum

• Hi asoa

Thanks for the tip. It sounds like the way to go next. I was really focusing on learning more about security next but I may change direction based on your suggestion. I was wondering if anyone else could weigh in on which test they took next?

What really helped me in passing this test was that I focused on the following: 802.11 wireless networks, the definitive guide by o'reilly. This book was more detailed which described the management and control frames, what was contained in the bits, the sequencing of events between the stations and access point (or other stations) and how they interact with different spread spectrum technologies. It was a more detailed book than the one that comes with the official study guide. The official study guide was more important because it directly related to the types of questions which you would find on the test. And the answers that are expected. Since my background is more in programming and from the ethernet/wired world, it was a challenge understanding the management and control frames. It was very much similar and related to the old "telex" processing where the sqmb (series queue message block) has bits, bytes, half-bytes, words with values and fields with meanings for the underlying protocol.
    I am glad that I passed but I still am humbled by my attempts at passing and at how hard I had to study/test/investigate in order to pass. I have a better understanding at radio and underlying ieee protocols. I am still hoping and confident to get stronger.
    My strengths in telecommunications are really what has attracted me to this technology as I can see that voip and other applications are what will make this take off even more than it has.

Best regards

Jami

Page 1 of 1