Forum

• Hello everyone,

I am currently studying to pass the CWNA. I've done a few practice tests and found some of the questions misleading or just out of context, although I attributed it to a lack of study at first.

What prompted me to post this message though is this:
    One of the practice test questions ask "what does an uppercase letter means in an 802.11 amendment ?" The answer to this test question being "only a recommended practice"

Now there's a few problems with this statement; for one the IEEE state that an uppercase letter mean that it is a "standalone standard" but I did not find where they say that it is only a recommendation. Second, if lowercase letter are amendments and uppercase letters are recommendations (as specified in the study guide page 311), then the question itself is just plain wrong! an amendment cannot have an uppercase letter... it's a recommendation...

if someone can clarify this, I would be grateful !

Also, the exam objectives specify the 802.11f standard as one of the standards to learn... please someone let me know where I can find information on this standard, because the only one I know of is 802.11F which per IEEE standard classification does not mean the same thing....

oh ...almost forgot, another question in the practice test tries to trick us with one choice being 802.11x, and when you read the explanation is tells us that 802.11x does not exist, but 802.1x is a port access control standard... pleeeaase ... if you try to trick us with numbers and letters in standards, the least you can do is have your facts right **802.1X is the the real standard**

don't get me wrong, I am not complaining... well maybe a little since right now I am feeling that I have to learn wrong information just to pass this exam, and that is not good....

I hope that everything I noted is wrong and that it's just me that need more study, because if that's not the case, it'll give me doubts about the seriousness of this certification....

Marc

Page 1 of 1