Forum

• Hi guys!
    I was running WMM system interoperability test by WFA and encountered some problems regarding QoS data frame capturing.
    I used Chariot QoS script file to generate 3 simultaneous streams from QAP to QSTA. The 3 service classes are BE, VI and BE respectively. The STA is equipped with Atheros NIC. At the mean time the Chariot is running, I used Omnipeek to monitor the traffic and tried to capture the QoS data frame. My objective was to look for the bit status of QoS Control Field UP. However, I found that only "QoS null data" frames and "null data" frames could be captured. The "QoS null data" frames are from AP to STA and "null data" frames are from STA to AP. In addition, most of the frames I captured were "null data" frames. Besides, I only managed to capture "QoS null data" frame with its QoS Control Field UP marked as "Best Effort". Why I couldn't capture VI(Video) QoS data frame? Can someone tell me what has gone wrong? By the way, how do you know if a
    certain WNIC does support WMM or not? I wanna make sure that I got the correct driver working. Thanks.

• As long as the card can capture data it shouldn't matter. In monitor mode it is just passing the bits to layer 7, not interpreting them.

I suspect it may be an issue with how OmniPeek is interpreting the data. Check the raw decode and see what the QoS information looks like.

• GTHill Escribi?3:

As long as the card can capture data it shouldn't matter. In monitor mode it is just passing the bits to layer 7, not interpreting them.

I suspect it may be an issue with how OmniPeek is interpreting the data. Check the raw decode and see what the QoS information looks like.

Hi GTHill. Thanks for your reply.
    The packet has its subtype as 1100 (QoS Null) for the 802.11 MAC Header field. As for the QoS information, there's only one field here called QoS Control Field and all of the bits are 0s. The 5 information decoded are Reserved, Ack (00), EOSP(0), Reserved (0) and UP: 0 - Best Effort (000).
    By the the way, I found another weird thing. I set up the Chariot with the PC behind the AP as endpoint1 and the wireless client as endpoint2. So I expect to capture more frames in the direction of AP->client. However, of all the "null" datas that I captured, only like 2 or 3 packets that are marked as "QoS null" are from AP->client. Others are all marked as "null data" and are from client->AP.

• Can you upload the capture somewhere? Or, you can email some of it to me. If it is 4 or 5 megs that is fine. My email is gene@ my nickname here dot com.

• Hi GTHill.
    I've sent the captured file to you.
    Thanks for your help.

• They originally imported Hermann Aegler's Swiss movements to England and placed them in quality cases made by Dennison and others. These early wristwatches were then sold to jewellers, who then put their own names on the dial. The earliest watches from the firm of Wilsdorf and Davis are usually marked "W&D" ? inside the caseback only.replica watches uk ,Replica rolex watches,Fake TAG Heuer Replica Watches.

Page 1 of 1