Forum

• Hi all. I recently purchased both the Official CWNA study guide V3 as well as the latest sybex book. Upon visiting this site i realise that there are MANY chagnes to the syllabus that aren't in either of the books. What do I do?

Should i wait for the version 4 book to be released or just learn everything posted on this site with regards to the new objectives? Did I waste my money buying those books??

• Hi,

Please do continue , you should not wait for a book you are not sure when it will come out. You only need to know the changes in objectives and new naming convention (both a nicely prepared in one pdf file here on www.cwnp.com).

The areas that have changes/ beefed up is security 802.11i, POE no more 802.3af , naming convention like no more 802.11b now HR-DSSS etc

I will take the exams this week using the same two boths you have , practice test, recommended whitepapers.

Wish you all the best in your preparations

Okechukwu

• Hello,

I have faced same thing. The Sybex and CWNA gives good foundation, to the other subjects you should either get other books or white papers.
    In the CWNP website there're a bunch of well recommended white papers. For the Security part of exam it is a good option to read 802.11i and WPA real networks... , i read this book and it helped to construct a better knowledge...

• thanks for the advice and encouragement :)

• By (Deleted User)

...and please make sure that you download, print, and become familiar with the new terminology that has been implemented into all CWNP exams:

http://www.cwnp.com/exams/cwnp_exam_terms.pdf

Page 1 of 1