Forum

• i was wondering if i could get some peoples opinions on this problem. I have this small office with about 6 users. They have DSL coming into the building and they have a netgear wireless box WGR614. I'm trying to diagnose a problem where one of the clients loses internet connectivity a few times a day. I went over to look at the problem, the setup is far from ideal but it does the job. It's a small place and all the clients were getting good signal strength readings. There is also no interference from other wireless networks. While i was there this client lost internet activity, but she was still connected to the network with good signal strength, but she just couldn't surf the web. I checked other clients and they were ok, i also quick connected my laptop and it was fine and able to browse the web, but she still could not. I then went to to her wireless client and disconnected and re-connected her and then it was fine. That's all i have done so far. I was going to see if there is a firmware upgrade for both the wireless router and for her wireless network card. I still haven't ruled out for sure that she is the only client affected by this. Am i on the right track ? or should i be looking at something else

thanks alot

fyi - i'm wireless# certified and working on my CWNA

• Hi, i have faced that issue a few times. I got it solved by disabling the wired connection in the Windows XP. Before i have done this, i had intermittent connectivity and the netgear wireless client would lose its WPA passphrase and i had to manually enter it.

try that and see how it goes...

thanks

Page 1 of 1