Forum

• Yes...I'm on a mission to get Broadcom to work with all protocol analyzer vendors. Atheros, Intel, and others all work with all protocol analyzer vendors. Currently, Broadcom chipsets are only supported by Wildpackets. While this is good for Wildpackets, a very good company, this is very bad for the industry as a whole. Broadcom is a major supplier of high-quality Wi-Fi chipsets, so their participation is very important.

I've asked a colleague to introduce me to the 802.11 Product Manager at Broadcom in hopes that I can show him the importance of working with all 802.11 protocol analyzer companies in developing drivers. I'll let you guys know how it goes. This is especially important for 802.11n because Atheros, Broadcom, Airgo, Metalink, and Marvell are the only 802.11n vendors releasing products right now that I can find. Hopefully Intel will be on the scene with 802.11n chipsets soon.

If anyone out there knows anyone at Broadcom that could help this situation, an introduction would be great. Thanks!

Devinator

Page 1 of 1