Forum

• I'm officially in! I made the CWNA yesterday (12th July 2007) with 83%.
    Hers my breakdown-
    Radio Frequency Technology :100%
    IEEE 802.11 Reg. & Std's :90%
    IEEE 802.11 Network Security :62%
    IEEE 802.11 RF Site Survey :100%
    IEEE 802.11 Prot. & Dev. :70%
    IEEE 802.11 Network Implementation :75%

Well, once again security scores me lowest. (I'll remedy that by gunning for the CWSP next year :-) !) I'm just grateful.
    Had actually tried making a frantic last-minute reschedule the night before. My confidence was ebbing after seeing batjedi's post. but I guess my 24 hrs minimum notification before the exam had expired so the VUE site kept giving me problems...went home knowing it was a study or fail (again!) scenario. what encouraged me was someone who mentioned studying all night after having been notified at 8pm the previous night.
    My first attempt in October last year was a failure because I had used the 2nd edition of the official study guide and was afraid of the upcoming new terms made 65%-despite all the extra googling. Please learn from my mistake. Only use current material. Thank you Mr. Wesctcott and Mr. Coleman. As Okey said your guide is the Living Bible version of the CWNA.
    So I studied, got good sleep through the night and studied some more. after having made notes off the many books (and my from folder i named 'carton of wireless whitepapers'), I made one final review of my own distilled material and then I went in for the test.

Before taking the test have your personal edition of the study guide and I mean written by your own hands from studying. Thats an investment you'll never regret.

You should have downloaded the pwo-100 exam objectives from the site here long before. Review it before you study, while you study, and after studying-note the trinity. Take note of all the items that you can't confidently answer off your head each time in the entire objectives because basically you'd be tested on all subject areas and not just the ones you prefer or understand. That way YOU keep track of YOUR own progress.

Things to remember when taking this test-

READ YOUR QUESTION ONCE, THEN READ IT AGAIN SLOWLY. NEXT READ EACH OPTION ONCE THEN GO OVER ALL THE OPTIONS AGAIN. Now, lean away from the screen and read it just one more time without any abbreviations/acronyms-spell them all out.(and if it helps read the question again backwards :-) ) Seriously, fact is the first answer you think is correct would be wrong because you're mentally finishing what you started visually. (You're seeing what you think is there, not what is there- "look well, well!")

For ALL the similar looking abbreviations (like the ones in 802.11i and 802.11e standards, MAC arcitecture) know the differences between each one. Please Use the glossary at the end of the book.encourage using tables to differentiate any items that are fuzzy.

Know what's mandated by the standard and what's optional-VERY, VERY IMPORTANT.

Know the current terminologies, download the exam terms pdf

Pay 110% attention to detail (@ study and @ the exam)...you'll hand in the extra 10% on top as tithe X-D

I had my own method of elimination, I wrote out the alphabets of the options on the sheet of paper provided and struck out the wrong answers starting with the ones I was pretty sure were wrong till I arrived at the appropriate number of responses.

DON'T be hasty. Seriously, try taking your time. I had total time of 2hrs for 60 Questions (adjusted time of 30 mins.) that gave me about 1min 15 secs to answer each and 45 secs to re-review my answer- essentially 2 mins per question. I left a window for the more 'troublesome' questions ahead by cutting back on my 45 secs.

To everyone out there like me, dig in, take the test and stop postponing! -remember the 'n' is coming, along with probably another exam update-

I'm off to school now for my final semester. I'd be back in time for Christmas. Thanks to everyone on the forum thats been a blessing. batjedi, keep aiming. Next stop, CCNA - i think (with the new WLAN inclusive curriculum!)

'No matter what happens never, never give up'- (emm...I don't even remember who said that!)

TIP: pardon my intensity I have very little WLAN experience. (That's why I put out the poll - to beat it no matter the response!). I'm gonna get some now (SOHO-level, on my friends Belkin pre-N router), so, as I always say, you can...

Page 1 of 1