Forum

• Tom,
    Thanks for your input.

My need for trying to use both radios in b/g mode is to give maximum throughput. I have an AP covering about 3-4 classes, in which each class may have 30 laptops (max) but typically there would be around 40 laptos in total within the cell of about 4 classes.

Students tyically have roaming profiles (5-20M) and the maximum load hapens when they all login. So I want to give them the greatest throughut to keep these login times low.

I think you are right about not using the dual radios in this manner, as we do get inconsistent performance.

We have had auto-power turned on, but found it wasn't actually helping very much, and on advice from Colubris technical rep were told that it might be better to have auto-power and auto channel turned off!!

The symotoms of my roblem is that when all the APs are on we only get good throughput/performance with about 5 Laptops. If I turn all APs off except one then we get a much better performance/throughput and work well with 10+ laptops. I know that I have at least two APs on the same floor on the same channel, which can see each other at better than 70dbm. I suspect the main issue is co-channel (i.e. two APs on the same channel) interference, and to a much lesser degree some inter-channel (APs on ch 1 ,6,11)interference.

In terms of throughput, I am getting around 17-19Mbs in the office with just one client, is this about right? And am I correct that this will go down proportionally as the number of clients increases. So for 20 clients each should get about just under 1Mbs?

Page 1 of 1