Forum

• Tom,
    Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I had been thinking of going down the 802.11a route. Initially the customer said that they didn't have 802.11a laptops. However, I may suggest they they buy some PCMCIA cards in that case.

I think you are right that in pursuit of high throughput we have too many APs. I am happy with aiming for 512K per user, once they are all logged in. However, one of my key requirements here is to ensure that at the begginning of a class, when around 30 pupils will all be trying to login at the same time (and probably pulling down Mbits of profile data) that they do so in under 3 minutes or so. Hence the need for high throughput.
    After this I understand that they won't all want bandwidth at the same time, and we should be O.K.

I am interested in you recommending turning on the auto ower and auto channel feature. As I mentioned colubris here weren't too keen on that. Can you exand on this for me. Exactly how does it work, and in which situations does it actually help. In practice where I have enabled it, it doesn't actually seem to come u with optimised settings.

I'd appreciate your rompt input if ossible please.

(can anyone else comment??)

Page 1 of 1