Forum

• If i had to mount a dipole antenna outside somewhere, would i have have to use u-bolt and clamps or twist-swivel mounts ?

You would only need to use a u-bolt. There is no reason to have to swivel an omni antenna.

What of these are cypher groups : wep,wpa,wpa2,802.1x,wmm ?

Cipher groups? Well.... WEP does have an encryption component, WPA encryption uses TKIP (based on RC4 cipher), WPA2 uses CCMP (Based on AES Cipher). 802.1X is authentication, not encryption. WMM is WiFi MultiMedia. Nothing to do with encryption.

If i move my laptop what changes first : amplitude,polarity,wavelength, frequency, phase ?

Frequency, wavelength and phase won't change. Amplitude can change due to movement. The closer you are to the source, the more signal (amplitude) and vice-versa. Polarity could change with movement if you changed the orientation of the laptop (i.e. tipped it on its side etc).

In case a signal comes 90degrees out of phase, it will increase the signal at the receiver ?

Nope.

How can i implement multiple ssids in an access point? does it need to have this capability ?

The AP must support this. As far as implementation, it is pretty easy. Just assign two or more SSID's to the same interface (radio). Properly doing multiple SSIDs for a specific goal is more complicated.

Page 1 of 1