Forum

• joelb Escribi?3:

Sure, give it a try.

You may also want to consider upgrading to version 4.1 which has many feature improvements, including optimized RRM.

Joel

Hi, sorry for responding to an older thread, but it came up in a search and I wanted to add my experiences.

One, I thought there were some relatively scary-sounding bugs still around in the 4.1.171.0 code release. I'd personally wait for the next maintenance version to come out in the next month or so (according to the last Cisco rep I spoke with). Of course, your environment may not be as sensitive as the one I was recently working in and may be fine. I'd certainly like to have the added client troubleshooting features, working CCKM, and other benefits of 4.1.

Two, disabling the lower speeds for 802.11b is also a recommended change by Cisco if you are planning to support 7920/7921 phones.

And three, it is also recommended to change the tx-power-control-thresh in dense AP environments. In ours, WCS displays transmit power change events from all the APs every cycle. The channel selection has been stable and relatively good. Cisco recommended we change our tx-power-control-thresh to -73. Hopefully this will stabilize things a bit.

Anyway, hopefully you've already got everything sorted out!

Best regards

Page 1 of 1