Forum

• Dianuj,

I could not help but take the opportunity to offer an alternative to your application. I am a member of Extricom, a new wLAN vendor who has developed a unique solution to the common issues that you are facing.

The Extricom system is designed so that all AP's are on the same channel. This architecture we are calling a "channel blanket". You can think of it as a mega-cell.

The client would associate with the system, as opposed to the AP. The system makes the decision to route packets to the most efficient AP for the client in real time. Because all the AP's are on the same channel, the client can roam freely in the "channel blanket" and never know that it is moving from one AP to the next.

The primary advantage to this system is that there is no co-channel interference which means that you can place the AP's wherever you want to provide complete coverage. The diagram below shows this a bit better than I can describe it.

The other thing to keep in mind is that we do not change or modify the power settings at all in any of the AP's. Regardless if the AP's are 5 feet or 500 feet from one another, they are at full power at all times.

We had a recent customer that had the same issue that you faced regarding simultaneous power up of all the students at once. We have a case study on our web site at teh link below.

http://www.extricom.com/media/deJG_extricom_casestudy_glynn_county_schools_v1.pdf

www.extricom.com

Let me know if you have any questions and perhpas we can have our London base UK team come out and give you a demo.

Page 1 of 1