Forum

• Some of you may remember back in the day, the original Network Professionals Association. Well I was a member of the local Kansas City NPA, chapter. As a Certified Network Professional, MCNE, MCSE, ASE, Cisco etc. I was able to interact with my technical co-harts in a relaxed atmosphere and share our knowledge and experiences with each other. More importantly the cummulative interaction with the local business community from the CIO, to the Network Admin was worth all of my time. Putting on seminars, technology proof of concept studies, manufacturer demo's just to name a few of the activites that we did monthly on a local basis.

So this brings me to the Wireless Network Professional Association WNPA, I would like to formally start and National Organization of Wireless Professionals. I had this conversation with a well respected individual a week or so ago and we both seemed to share a common goal of promoting wireless technology and the professional people who make it happen.

I belive that there are others of you out there who remember, and like me have transitioned from the wired world to the new frontier of Wireless networking. You know, I read this forum and I take notice of the effort that is put into becoming CWNP and I feel that individuals who share this level of passion and dedication should have organization like the Wireless Network Professional Association.

I am looking for you feedback as well as looking for individuals who share my passion and would volunteer to help make this organization a reality.

work email wparker@directmw.com
    private email woodyparkrls@hotmail.com

• By (Deleted User)

how does one become a member?

• Not sure about the "National" bit as I live and work outside the US... however, I`d certainly be interested in seeing if this couldn`t be taken further...

• I had a similar conversation with the same well respected individual today (i think ... Rick right?).

I would be a champion of this. How to advertise?

-Jeff
    jeff.brownell@hp.com

• What would the qualifications be? CWNA, CWSP, CWNE ?
    Years experience, etc?

• this is a nice idea, am ready to be part,just tell us the requirements

• How does this get started and what are the quals? Rob

• By (Deleted User)

I believe the CWNP Program did try and operate/manage a Forum of Professionals that were interested in hosting meetings, seminars, round-tables, etc. but the whole program fizzled out after only a couple of years.

My company was founded to educate current and potential users of wireless products on the technology and benefits, etc, and was a CWUG...but after an offer to join an employer relocated me to another part of the country, I closed the doors on my Wireless Users Group site.

I'd be very interested in learning more about your program and ideas, and would be able to help out the efforts in making this organization happen. Let me know!

Page 1 of 1