Forum

• By (Deleted User)

Hey guys..

I was wondering if anyone has deployed a large WLAN (400+ APs) with 802.11n equipment? If so, what company did you go with? How's it working? Any issues?

Thanks

• Meru has deployed 802.11n on that kind of scale at Morrisville State College in NY. Jean Boland, Chief Information Officer at Morrisville sure seems happy with the experience seen so far.

Devinator

• By (Deleted User)

Yes, they are getting lots of help on that deployment.

I spoke with Matt Barber the Wireless lead this morning. He may be joining this forum to answer any question you have. Matt was very helpful.

What was amazing to me is they are only using the 2X2 with 4 antennas, and not the 3X3 with 6 antenna on the test results of the above 200Mbps speeds reported on Network World. 8-O

All eyes are on Morrisville , Meru and IBM.
    Matt stated Meru is very attentive to this deployment and recognizes the value it will bring to the WLAN industry and the standards to be ratified from draft to final.

• By (Deleted User)

Is that the only project going on right now?

I actually work with IBM and spoke to the Wireless Architect at IBM who designed the network... Its actually pretty exciting... and he told me after a few intial problems, all is working well now... at unbelievable speeds too!

I guess Ill have to contact Meru! thanks guys!

Page 1 of 1