Forum

Finally! PoRF

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CWNA - Enterprise Wi-Fi Admin
Last Post: August 31, 2007:
  • By (Deleted User)

...or something like it. See below for an interesting startup:

http://www.techworld.com/mobility/news/index.cfm?newsID=9923&pagtype=samechan

• I`m not sure what the issue is with this one. If you need power to be available at a remote site you only have a number of ways of doing it.

I currently maintain a number of radio repeater sites in remote locations, some of which have no mains electricity. The power for those sites is taken from a mix of wind generators, solar panels and fuel driven generators where possible. The wind and solar power is fed into battery banks through inverters to give me the 48v required for the equipment. The issue of "long term" power availability is addressed by multiple battery banks. From a maintance point of view, winter is a nightmare... fuel can`t be resupplied because of snow, batteries collapse and the high winds wrecks the wind generators. Some sites are inaccessible for long periods of time.... The lampost/streetlamp idea I do like...

What I really would be interested in, is a manufacturer producing something that can give us electrical power from RF... A sort of energy from nothing :)

David

Page 1 of 1