Forum

• Anybody know of an app that will allow me to look at all AP's on a network and tell which clients are associated with which AP's?

I had this with older unique systems and find that it would be of help with a new 802.11g system I'm working with, just need to find an app.

Thanks for any help.

• Something like this may be what you are looking for.
    http://www.airwave.com/products/AMP/
    There are always free tools such as Zenoss and cacti. As well as SNMP polling with scripts to pull the information you want.
    It just depends on the budget avail...

• AirDefense Mobile, for a laptop based answer and AirDefense Enterprise for a distributed answer. To view in heat map format use LiveRF.

• By (Deleted User)

AirMagnet Laptop Analyzer is a stand-alone app that can do this for about $4900 MSRP. For the occasional spot check of a WLAN.

They also have the Enterprise product which would be a distributed solution with centralized management, but would be a more complex and expensive solution, but provides 24x7 monitoring and alerting.

Then there is alway open source solutions, as referenced earlier in this thread.

Whatever you choose, it's best to go with one you can learn on, get certified with, and use to earn more business...and AirMagnet, AirDefense and most vendors have programs to get referrals over your way, once you invest in the technology.

Good Luck, and Happy Hunting!

Page 1 of 1