Forum

• Hi,

I'm a rookie so please forgive me if this is a simplistic or ill-informed response. (And please correct me, I'm learning!)

If I read your comments and question correctly, you are talking about not just a CTS but a CTS to SELF....doesn't that indicate a hidden node problem in which the clients don't understand each other?

Not a classic hidden node, or CTS to SELF would be no help as it wouldn't be heard by the hidden node either. But the "language" kind of hidden node, where each client recognizes the RF but can't pull out the intelligence, and so talks overtop of each other.

For example, if the client transmitting the CTS to Self was an OFDM g client who was encountering interference from a DSS b node. The CTS to SELF transmitted by the g client would tell the b client to shut up while it transmitted, (acting as a CTS from the AP but without needing to actually wait for the AP to send an ACK (CTS) to a normal RTS). (?)

In other words, is there a b client screwing up your network?

Again, I'm a rookie, and corrections to my hypothesis VERY appreciated!!!!!!!

Best regards,
    SeaLass

Page 1 of 1