Forum

• Well, today was the day and I made it! :D
    My score was 77%. The test was hard. At times I thought I would not pass. There were a lot of unheard of terms in the questions, which made me wonder if they were invented or just things not covered in the book or other things I studied. This happened right away in the first questions, I almost thought I was taking the wrong exam!

My study method was this:
    I got the 4th edition book at the end of last year, read it cover to cover 3 times, summarized it into 50 pages of notes cross-referencing with exam objectives, made myself some flash cards for things that needed memorizing, did the wireless question of the day "daily", did the practice exams, read many documents (Wifi alliance, POE, etc) and have hands-on wireless experience. Reading the book is definitely not enough. I do not know what else I could have studied to get a better score.

They did not give me the extra time for not being an English native speaker, they said it's all done automatically and they have no input to the process (It was a Prometric test center). Fortunately I did not run out of time and I passed, otherwise I would complain!

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions in this forum during the past years.

Can't wait to put the CWNA logo on my web site!

• Many congratulations, that's a fine score.

• Congratulation...let target together to study for next exam:-cwsp...(i'm most likely next year, before June 2009)

• By (Deleted User)

There were a lot of unheard of terms in the questions

Make SURE you go here before you take a CWNP exam:

http://www.cwnp.com/exams/exam_terms.html

• I certainly read the exam terms many times, but it's not enough. There is other "unknown" terminology in the exam.

• Done !! Finally completed what I had started during Feb of 2008 .. 85% and through with the CWNA ..

I too found a couple of unknown terminology on the exam. As soon as I was done with the exam, the first thing I did was look through the CWNA guide and lo n behold .. those two unknown terms were there at the back of the book ..

All in all testing was a pleasant experience. For those that go through the American College system it should be a little easier because you learn certain techniques after years of testing.

Like if there is an option "all of the above" and if you see 2 correct answers, don't bother reading the rest of the options .. Just go for "All of the above" the converse is true for "None of the above".

And if you've taken SAT or GRE classes, you'll know how to read the long questions (How to read passages quickly ) :) ..

Those that are going to take the test, don't worry a lot about the time. You'll have ample time.

Use the practice tests from here. It will help you to know when you are ready for the real test. And the explanations for the answers to the practice questions will also help refresh your memory about related topics too.

I'd like to thank

Devin (for .. you know what :P )

Casey Collins (for answering all those questions about the practice test questions)

Abbey Cole (from Customer Service for his very prompt responses .. Would not have been able to test until late December .. The quick customer service really helped here)

Vivek

• By (Deleted User)

Vivek - well done! Congratulations, and thank you for sharing your exam and prep experience. It's very encouraging.

• Kevin, thank you and thanks for having such wonderful staff.

On a side note - There is this software called Emanim (google for it, free download). Some of you might already be knowing about it. But those that don't . Get it and use it.

It will greatly help in understanding some concepts of RF waves.

and don't forget the free book at http://www.cwnp.com/cwap/book/index.html .. You will not regret reading it.

• vivek2727 Escribi?3:

Kevin, thank you and thanks for having such wonderful staff.

On a side note - There is this software called Emanim (google for it, free download). Some of you might already be knowing about it. But those that don't . Get it and use it.

It will greatly help in understanding some concepts of RF waves.

and don't forget the free book at http://www.cwnp.com/cwap/book/index.html .. You will not regret reading it.

Hey Vivek,

Thanks for sharing the info regarding Emanim and the free book. I hope to give the exam in a month or so.

Thanks & Regards
    Mukul

Page 1 of 1