Forum

• Hi folks.

Edited with updated info.

I have a network with 9 Cisco 1242AG AP's, no controller. 6 of the AP's are on the wire, 3 configured as repeaters.

Clients authenticate, but don't pick up IP addresses from the DHCP server when attaching to the repeaters.

I have done some more research - this appears only to happen from the repeaters.

I ran wireshark on the server and the client, when associating to the AP all is fine, the repeater it doesn't get an address.

With a fixed address, it works, and I can see from the access point that the repeater is associated to the root AP.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

• I don't know why you are having the problem but I do have a solution.

Install Motorola 7131's and use mesh mode. Done. :)

I'll think about the problem with the Ciscos. If I get time (sorry, I'm laughing inside) I'll set up my 1200's in repeater mode and see what I can find.

GT

• Thanks Gene.

Upgrades not an option, we are going to install a controller and change them to Light.

You may be laughing now, you will be roaring when I tell you that I might not be able to make the trip to the Caribbean to install them so might be looking for a volunteer to spend a week on a luxury yacht in St Baths.

Was that your hand being raised ? :P

• neilmac Escribi?3:

Thanks Gene.

Upgrades not an option, we are going to install a controller and change them to Light.

You may be laughing now, you will be roaring when I tell you that I might not be able to make the trip to the Caribbean to install them so might be looking for a volunteer to spend a week on a luxury yacht in St Baths.

Was that your hand being raised ? :P

Neil,

You know I do yacht in the Caribbean stuff all the time so that is old news... but... if you need me, I'll do it, but only because I like you. :) LOL!!!

Now, I'm laughing (at my own joke) for sure... :)

GT

• Gene - I am serious...

Mail me and I'll give you details.

• By (Deleted User)

What about us? Where's the love?

• Hi, Kevin.

Didn't think you would want to dust off those old crimpers once again ?

Page 1 of 1