Forum

• Is it possible to convert LWAP to Autonomus APs. if yes please let me know what are the steps. Me i have one Cisco1131 LWAP.

• Hi It's possible to convert, but you will need to download the appropriate firmware from the Cisco website (or use the autonomous conversion tool). I think you'll need the appropriate support contracts in place to download the firmware, not sure that a simple CCO account is enough.

Dave

• Yes, you can. i have done it before. You need to download from Cisco site and then downgrade the IOS.
    just follow before step:-

IOS RECOVERY USING THE MODE BUTTON

Here are the steps to do the IOS recovery in case that you need it for one of yur APs:

First of all, if you aren't available to see the extension of the IOS, (by default .tar) in order to complete the procedure as successful, because we are going to rename the IOS file; Therefore, this are the steps that you need to do in order to see the extension:

- Go to the folder that contains the IOS image and go to the TOOLS option in the window bar.
    - Click on FOLDER OPTIONS.
    - Go to the VIEW tab and uncheck the option that says: "Hide extensions for known file types".
    - Click on APPLY to save this setting.

After doing that, now you can rename the IOS image file (step 3 below):

Step 1 The PC you intend to use must be configured with a static IP address in the range of 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.30.

Step 2 Make sure that the PC contains the access point image file (such as c1100-k9w7-tar.122-13.JA.tar for an 1100 series access point or c1200-k9w7-tar.122-13.JA.tar for a 1200 series access point) in the TFTP server folder and that the TFTP server is activated.

Step 3 Rename the access point image file
    toe c1100-k9w7-tar.default for an 1100 series access point;
    to c1200-k9w7-tar.default for a 1200 series access point;
    to c1130-k9w7-tar.default for a 1130 series access point.

Step 4 Connect the PC to the access point using a crossover cable.

Step 5 Disconnect power (the power jack for external power or the Ethernet cable for in-line power) from the access point.

Step 6 Press and hold the MODE button while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 7 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds), and release the MODE button.

Step 8 Wait until the access point reboots as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 9 After the access point reboots, you must reconfigure the access point by using the Web-browser interface or the CLI.

Username:Cisco
    Password:Cisco
    ap>en
    Password:Cisco
    ap#config t
    Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
    ap(config)#interface bvI 1
    ap(config-if)#ip Address <ip> <subnet>
    ap(config-if)#exit
    ap(config)#exit
    ap#wr

• Thanks to both of you for a better response...

• cmanvar Escribi?3:

Thanks to both of you for a better response...

fyi --- The LAP version of the Cisco AP is about $40 cheaper .... We often purchase the LAP version and IOS them and save the 40....

• Just a tip...when renaming IOS files, you may need to be more specific depending on the model. For example, if you have a 1242ag, instead of it being "c1200-k9w7-tar.default", it may need to be "c1240-k9w7-tar.default". Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1