Forum

• I need to suggest 2 devices to setup a simple wireless bridge in a school in Rwanda. The distance between the two locations is 290 meters. Would the Linksys WET200 do the job? I have no experience with this device.
    For this distance, do we need to replace the omni 2db antennas with something more powerful or directional? The height difference is 9 meters between the two locations.
    thanks.

• What is your budget? $$ = reliability and speed, so that is the first thing to establish.

I prefer to use products that are intended for their use. If you want an inexpensive set of bridges, I use Tranzeo bridges. I think they will run about $500 US. They aren't the best thing on the market, but the only time we have one fail is due to lightning. Let me know if I can help.

GT

• Hi Sacim,

Get a Mikrotik Outdoor Integrated radio pair. Spec to ask for;

Mikrotik Integrated radio
    -RouterBoard 133c
    -65mW R52 card
    -5GHz 12dBi Integrated planar antenna (lowest antenna option avialable)
    -18V POE Kit

A pair should go for about $600 US and will give you the flexibility (bandwidth control, billing, VPSec VPN, OSPF, and more) of radios that cost thousands of dollars.
    I have gotten nearest Mikrotik Reseller contact from Mikrotik website below;

ASAA Trading Co.
    Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
    RouterBOARD components
    Tel: + 255-22-2121046
    e-mail: info@asaatrading.com

Now if budget is a concern then use your Linksys WET200 but modify it by adding LMR 400 cables, pigtails, 7dBi patch antenna. Modification for both radios will cost about $140 US.

Okechukwu
    Lagos

• budget is limited. just meeting connectivity requirements is all that's needed.

• Engenius EBC-3220. Can be used as AP or bridge. One RP-TNC connector. 400MW, as opposed to 28MW from
    Linksys. 26 dBm versus 15 dBm.

• ad5mb Escribi?3:

Engenius EBC-3220. Can be used as AP or bridge. One RP-TNC connector. 400MW, as opposed to 28MW from
    Linksys. 26 dBm versus 15 dBm.

No way I would use these. I have 16 (literally) of them on the shelf behind me going back for RMA. I have used them for years but the products from the last year or so have been less than stellar.

GT

• I actually have Tranzeo bridge setup that i use for my personal bridge setup to my neighbors home across the way, shoe maker design.... LOL

I also deployed a number of them in a PTP deployment and they performed very well. They are very clean, inexpensive, all in 1 solution. No need to worry about NEMAs or additional antenna solutions.... all in 1!

Page 1 of 1