Forum

• I am looking to upgrade / downsize my tablet. I currently use a Motion Computing tablet with Airmagnet Survey and WiFi Analyzer. Everything works very well but during a long survey or troubleshooting exercise, the tablet does start to get heavy. Which brings me to the UMPC. Airmagnet supports the OQO and in talking with their sales people, it will run on any of the UMPCs that meet minimum requirements.

Does anyone use these for mgmt or surveys?

Thanx,

David

• Does a UMPC have a touchscreen? I also have a Motion Computing tablet and I love it for surveys and analysis work. If they don't have a touchscreen I wouldn't like them at all. Trying to use a mouse or touch pad would be painful.

You could get one of those cool over the shoulder straps for the tablet. I'm sort of kidding... and sort of not. :)

GT

• The three products that I'm looking at, OQO 02, Sony Vaio VGN-UX490N/C and the Samsung Q1UP-XP, have touch screens and run Windows Tablet. The nice thing about them is that they're all about a pound in weight with the Samsung close to two.

David

• boyddt Escribi?3:

I am looking to upgrade / downsize my tablet. I currently use a Motion Computing tablet with Airmagnet Survey and WiFi Analyzer. Everything works very well but during a long survey or troubleshooting exercise, the tablet does start to get heavy. Which brings me to the UMPC. Airmagnet supports the OQO and in talking with their sales people, it will run on any of the UMPCs that meet minimum requirements.

Does anyone use these for mgmt or surveys?

Thanx,

David

I use a Fujitsu tab when conducting my surveys, and what a workout!

Our company sells the AM and OQO combo, but the OQO is $$$$. Ive played with our demo units, but not for a survey.

• How do you like the OQO? Is it powerful enough to do Office Apps? How is the keyboard? I've seen them from afar but have not had the opportunity to sit down with one.

Thanx,

David

Page 1 of 1