Forum

• What support docs do you carry with you?

PDFs, Docs, Videos, etc?

I'd like to hear what you use as a WLAN professional to make your life/work easier.

Thanks!

• By (Deleted User)

I guess I have to put together a comprehensive list now.

Right now - I carry aound:

Several smaller USB Drives

Backups for the WLCs - Yup!!!  Love it - Instant Recovery.

The tar file for the WLC Anchors - the splash page can be a bitch to recreate.

All my Sniffer PDFs from Sniffer University - They come in handy.

The various PDF books from Cisco Press and courseware - in a pinch.

WLC Images - AssureWave / Safe Harbor Version + old Versions I pulled off of the controllers before they ship.

My SecureCRT Profile - Hate to have to recreate it if my laptop dies - I keep a copy on my network shared drive too - just because.

Since I've standardized it (one more iteration) and I'll post on sharepoint for the team.

Let's see - I've got more tools that I probably need - 1 500GB USB, 1 320 GB USB, 2 100GB USB, 2 - 1TB USB, and 1 - 2TB USB - close by in the car or at the ready at the house - remotely available.

My 5.6 TB SAN will be online soon and it should help me not to have to carry so much around all the time.

The Cisco Press WLC Deployment Guide v4.1 is to die for.

I keep a lot of out docs close at hand for reference. 

• Where do I start, I have pdf copies of various books to study. Currently that includes CCNP ROUTE, CWNA. Also have CCDA book as sitting that in a week.

Docs include the 802.11 specs, nice read, interesting the tibits you can get from that. You should always read the spec as the people ypu compete against wont have, I almost guarantee it.

The Cisco mobility design guide, WLC and WCS config guides. Some config guides Ive written NPS on Windows 2008, Cert SRV guide.

Cisco AP IOS config guide and many many more. including images and configs for clients jobs i have finished.

Its all backed up on a terabyte drive witha 200Gig of movies and 320 gig of music, non of which I get to listen to as I am studying harder than when I went to Uni.

• I have over 200GB of technical documentation, videos, notes etc. which i use as a backup; but I keep some important RFCs, IEEE standards, Juniper and Cisco documentations in PDF on my Black Berry ( if i need them when i am mobil ) but ofcourse Internet is my best friend, if I dont find anything ... Google it ;)

Page 1 of 1