Forum

• I need an explanation from forum members as regards this thread.
    I am a wireless network technician. My experience when it comes to setting up a wireless bridge like this has always been in this format:

I normally have equipments such as PoE, routers, Switches etc housed within a building (i.e within an indoor environment).

Then the outdoor equipments such as RouterBoard with radio card(s), and antennas will be mounted on a mast or tower.

In such arrangement, power will be supplied to these outdoor devices thru the PoE (which is housed inside the building and connected to an A/C mains).

After reading this thread, I heard about NEMA enclosure. I read that it can house such indoor devices like my routers, PoE injectors etc. I have never used such method before so I need to ask the ffg questions:

(1). If I use a NEMA enclosure for such purpose and I'm to do my installations on a mast or a tower (which does not have an Alternate Current mains), where will I get an A/C mains outlet to plug my PoE injector and my router?

(2). Does the solution to question (1) mean I have to run an electric cable from within the building (indoor) to the mast (outdoor)? If that is the case, isn't that a dangerous method (can electrocute a rigger) of powering up my devices?

Page 1 of 1