Forum

• Hi all,

I am designing a PtMP setup. I am planning to use Omni antenna at the central site and employ a power booster. Do I still need to put booster at the remote sites? My purpose why I would put a booster at central was to increse the signal strength of the Omni antenna since it broadcast in all directions and power is degrading.

Thanks!

• I would avoid the use of an amplifier if at all possible. One, they aren't legal to use in many locations and it just isn't good design.

You need to do a link budget to determine if you even need amplifiers. I'll help you with that. Here is what I need:

- The maximum transmit power of your bridges (mW or dBm)
    - The gain of your Omni antenna and the antenna that you will be using on the other side of the link
    - The distance of the farthest link
    - The frequency you are using

If you can get me that information we'll go from there.

GT

• Sir,

Thank you for giving time reading over this post.

Omni antenna gain: 12 dBi
    Transmit Power: 30 mW
    Operating frequency: 2.4 Ghz
    Link distance: 8 km.

These are the relevant information for the link budget.

There will be 4 remote sites that would be homing to the central site. Would the throughput be divided among the remote sites?

• By (Deleted User)

Don't for get CO-AX and connector loss unless antennas are directly connected to the bridge/AP.

• I fordot to include the gain of the remote sites. It would have a 23 dBi antenna for andrew. Sir, I truly appreciate the replies to this post. Im a newbie to this job.

Page 1 of 1