Forum

• Guys,

i'm currently working on wireless setup on a Hotel.

I have 2 questions that need to be transferred that is:-

1) Is it advisable to user single radio or dual radio for hotel?

2) Interference such as thick concrete walls? what would be the solution? Is it better to use MIMO enabled access points?

Please advise.

Thank you

• asogan Escribi?3:

1) Is it advisable to user single radio or dual radio for hotel?

2) Interference such as thick concrete walls? what would be the solution? Is it better to use MIMO enabled access points?

asogan,

Note: It is always recommended to perform RF site survey before Wireless deployment!

1- Its better to use dual radio since it provides support for both 2.4GHz 5GHz channels simultaneously. Most of the laptops [most likely client device in a hotel] have dual radio supporting a/b/g and newer 802.11n technology , you can do well with a single radio ap too.

2- About Interference and the use of MIMO - It all depends on the coverage and capacity needs of the customer. These are generally collected as part of the pre-RF site survey interview.

• It all depends on the environment, budget and what you wanted your guests to experience at the end of the day.

Environment: Is LAN cable easily accessible to where you want to place APs? If not you can use an AP that supports Mesh I guess. What about the interference and it's sources.

Experience: Good Coverage, Good Throughput.

Better go with a Site Survey as mentioned by Nagaraj too.

If you are going for dual radio APs, you may use the 2.4GHz for client access and the 5GHz radio for the Wireless Mesh.

• Guys,

Thank you for your valuable information on the wireless implementation. I'm a newbie on wireless.

Appreciate for your kind advice

• If you only focus on design, installation and commissioning and ignore continuous QA, you may and up disappointing your customers. The problem in hotels etc. is that very few users who have difficulties with WLAN actually complain about it, especially if the service failure is not total.

The solution is either to repeat surveys on regular basis or save the time, cost (and boredom) by going for continuous 7x24 Wireless QA, using solutions like 7signal's Sapphire.

Page 1 of 1