Forum

• We are a hospital system with 8 major hospitals and hundreds of small clinics. We have multiple SSID's for employees and medical devices, but have an Open guest network (not even a splash page). The guest network is seperated out into the DMZ.

I wanted to get some ideas of what other systems are using out there and any pros and cons they have experienced. We are looking into a NAC solution among others. If you have any input or suggestions on this please let me know.

Our system is comprised of 85% Cisco and the rest Aruba.

Thanks,

• By (Deleted User)

We are a Large University and use the Cisco NAC to provide Guest Wireless Service to all guests on campus. We have experienced some growing pains, as we implemented the product from a 1.0 software version.

I am in the middle of developing the latest 2.0 version to roll out for campus. I have some very in depth knowledge of the product, as we have essentially assisted Cisco in developing the 2.0 release.

The process of using sponsored accounts has greatly helped in accountability and monitoring purposes. Additionally, the 'hotspot' functionality is becoming increasingly useful.

Let me know if you would like more info.
    -Max

• Hi, we use this product http://www.iacbox.com/en/ for our Hospital, Hotel, Airport customers and whenever someone needs a guest access solution.

http://www.iacbox.com/en/

It's cheap and soooo easy to configure that you are rdy in 30minutes.

You've plug&play config for the clients = even if the client has static IP/DNS/proxy settings he don't need to change it as the box adjust auto to this settings.

Also you could connect it to a lot of frontoffice booking systems in Hotels & Hospitals.

I also like that you'd attached this small ticket printer to it and the person at the desk just need to push the button on the printer once to print out a ticket for one hour (or twice to get one for a day) so anyone could interact with it.

Kind regards,
    Ronald

• thanks for your input guys.

Page 1 of 1