Forum

• Right on! One of the Hospitals I worked on had a problem with what project managers call scope creep.  We designed the facility for 2.4 GHz voice as that was the best practice from the voice vendor at the time.  Now, 1 yr later after a lot of troubleshooting with the voice, the vendor stated that they would like us to move to 5 GHz.... :( too bad we designed it for 100 mW 2.4 GHz....and the phones needed to use UNII-1 and UNII-3 because the roam times get destroyed on UNII-2 since it doesn't beacon.  We remassaged the plan replaced some sensors with AP's and about two months later were able to provide voice coverage.  However, it cost us a lot of time, we had to sacrafice a greenfield n deployment, and to rub salt on the wound move from 40MHz to 20MHz channels.  The point I'm trying to make is that it is absolutely crucial to get all major stake holders to the table.  The RFP may come from a director or C-level but there are a whole bunch of other individuals that have the information you are looking for as well as the vendors you need to work with.  I'm learning more and more that the CIO/CTO doesn't determine how I design a network, it's the client devices that he or she selects that determine my design constraints.  Best of luck to you laroche.

Page 1 of 1