Forum

Exam next week

15 posts by 9 authors in: Forums > CWNA - Enterprise Wi-Fi Admin
Last Post: May 5, 2010:
  • Hi All,

I intend to do the CWNA next week, have some wireless background (CCNA Wireless, AWLANFE) with some field experience. Shouldn't be a problem I guess...

Any suggestions are welcome.

• By (Deleted User)

Any time.  It's ironic that to enhance our studies we have to literally learn how to learn to maximize our effectiveness.

Darby Weaver

• I'd like to put in a plug for the CWNP dictionary.   It's a great little book.

Worth much more than it's low price would indicate.

I'll be giving a small class to others in my lab at the end of the year, and it will come in handy for that too.

• To Crypto and Keith.

Good luck this week on your exams.

Try to get sufficient slepp so that you are rested when you take the exam.   Get there at least 20 minutes early, and be sure to test the pens they give you for the test - I'd ask for three.    They  have a nasty habit of running dry, because everyone is using the same ones.  If you need to, or even can ask for another, its time out of your test period.

• By (Deleted User)

Sorry for the Hijack. :(

On testing tips:

1. When studying - and using memorization - try this: take a given exam till 90+ percent one week, then take it again about a week later.  Where are you chalk it down on a spreadsheet (keep score), now do what you gotta do to get to 90-100, and then leave it alone for a week or so and try it again... and then again and then try it a few weeks apart and even a month using the same methodology.  You'll find that over the course of a few months - you have "learned" to make a very high percentage of this trivia/vocabulary into useful/usable common knowledge that you'll find very hard to forget now.

Kewl huh!

2. Always blend in practicals to supplement your reading and you triva/vocabulary memorization techniques.

3. Learn to love it.  Full emersion is always the key to success when it comes to certifications.  The more challenging the exam the more need for full emersion.

Darby Weaver

• Another study tip (but may not be test cramming tip):

Go have a look at Cisco's CCNA Wireless study/learn website, which includes quick learning modules, IPTV videos, and study documents. You may find some useful stuff out there.

Studying for vendor-neutral and vendor-specific materials at the same time is complementary if time and budget permit.

• By (Deleted User)

That's what I'm doing.

Triple threat:

1. CWNA - Vendor Neutral

2. CCNA Wireless - Vendor Specific (Up to CCNP Wireless maybe even CCIE Wireless later???)

3. Job Tasks / Projects - Maybe even a survey of each site.

• Jeah, passed with 81!

I couldn't do the exam last week because some other things came in between but dit it today.
    Found it harder than CCNA wireless (had 901 on that), especially the multiple answer questions...

I hope my boss buys me the 204 cwsp package so I can start with that one also ;)

• By (Deleted User)

Congratulations crypto! Well done! Off to CWSP land for you now!

• Nice job Crypto!!!! Good score too! I scored a 75% on Monday for mine.

Darby, yeah, actually loving the technology surrounding wireless is what did it for me. In the beginning it was something I was more like "ok I should shore up my wireless training and get a little more detailed in my knowledge base" but by test time I was loving it and still do. 10 years from now cable drops for the most part other than your core, will be almost unheard of, in my opinion anyway.

Page 1 of 2