Forum

• hi,

i have one Cisco 4402 controller which is presenlty running with 4.0 image, when i try to upgrade this is 5.0 it is giving errors when the size of file reaches 33 mb. am using tftp-d32 as my tftp server, i tried a lot of other tftp servers too.... please let me know how can we check the flash system in a controler, what is the command to check whether enough space is there in flash.
    or if any body had face this isssue before ,,,please let me know how can we solve this.

thanks,
    Anvar

• You need to do a step upgrade

Go to 4.2 then to 5.0 but 5.0 is rubbish I would suggest code 6.0.196 or leave it a week and use code 7.0

• Sorry should be complete

From code 4.2 you can go straight to code 6.0.196

Also do not forget to update the bootloader

• Hi Pete,

thanks for your kind informatio, but still why it stopping file transfer at 33 mb, also is there any command to look into flash:

thanks,
    Anvar

• Good question and I dont think so, sh ver will show you the code verson and sh run-config the flash size which should be 256MB.

What ae you looking for

• By (Deleted User)

The problem is your TFTP Server. Get it updated or use another one.

• He says he is using tftpd32 that should cope with the image size!

That was my initial thought

• Per my reading... The TFTP server is a correct version for larger files... I was unaware of having to do this in steps though, Pete have you tried it both ways before?

As a side note... This forum works with the Ipad where as the Cisco Learning Network did NOT... I was thinking that it was the new study tool... nope! & you can edit too.

• Well I did spend half a day many years ago when the codes first went over 32MB troubleshooting and discovered tftpd32. However I dont know how a controller would react getting the wrong code applied, something I havent done or tried.

If you refer to the release notes for the code ver you are upgrading to it gives yo the upgrade paths. It can be a little time consuming especially with the interim upgrade.

An important point is to let all of your access points take the new code and register to the controller before trying the second upgrade and also ensure that you reboot after each upgrade.

It can take an hour or so to upgarde a controller.

The other thing is that if ytou have a WCS you need to upgrade that aswell as it cannot see code higher than itself and can only see 2 code steps below, so code 6.0 in WCS can not see code 3.2 WLCs

• Well,,,, thanks for all your kind information, and hopefully i can update this by tomorrow, as i can visit this site only today evening.

Hi Pete, am doing implementation of NAC in this site which requires Controller code 5.0.

thanks,
    Anvar

Page 1 of 3