Forum

• Alright guys!

I've just passed my CWNA exam last thursday (29th April) and i've got to say i'm a little confused as to whether i should be happy or slightly annoyed.

I passed on my third attempt (65% then 68% then 90%). The first time i flunked i was actually happy about it. I'd been reading up for 6 months plus, and i sort of took the exam to test the water. The second time though i was fuming. I'd put in 3 extra months of studying for 3%! not happy, and then, on my third exam (obviously i had now seen the occasional question once or twice) i was greeted by some real tough ones.

My problem is this: I am all for the study guide not being a list of answers for an exam, and I myself downloaded or sourced ALOT of white papers to review. I joined numerious sites such as this to surround myself as much as possible by the technology and terminology but still I found the exam really hard, and i am by no means new to exams or studying. The book just does not seem comprehensive enough to prepare somebody for the exam, especially with all the HT questions that have appeared.

I suppose i'm annoyed as it cost me more time and money to get the cert. AND now i come on here i see the link for the free 2nd shot which i missed out on, well thats just bloody typical!

Anyway guys, i'm not sour, and i apologise if it has come across that way. My CWSP study guide arrived today, so guess what i'm going to be doing for the next X months!

Fantastic site, great community, glad to be a part of it.

By the way, I'm from England if you were wondering about the spelling!

(I didn't join this site in Nov 99 like it says under my name! I don't think I even had an internet connection then, let alone wi-fi)

• By (Deleted User)

Welcome to the family, Craig, even if you have been here since before we started CWNP! They say CWNA is tough, and CWSP is just really hard. :-) Reminds me of a guy I play golf with from time to time. We always play on [i]his[/i] courses, and on every tee, he says, "Now this hole is [i]really[/i] nasty!"

• Craig

Massive congrats on the pass.

Im afraid its being in the right place at the right time. Unfortunately the offer wasnt in place, I have missed loads of those opportunities myself so I appreciate how it feels.

However you naile dthe exam and that was your objective.

Even if you had taken the offer for the third exam, whats the point its only if you fail and you didnt.

Nobody is going to but the voucher with failure in mind mate, thats not how we work. We are all winners and you won.

Imagine, you get the voucher, fail a third time and get a free seat, more studying, more lost family time, cant move to the next big thing, more stress.

Or have the free retake in place, pass and the offer isnt needed. I could understand if you had not nailed it but you did so be happy as we are really pleased you did.

Will you be doing CWSP? Maybe you could take advantage of it there?

Well sone mate.

• By (Deleted User)

Congratulations! I've taken plenty exams by now and I can tell you few are ever in one book. Even if the book was designed for the course.

I never look at not passing an exam as a fail. Just as additional reminder I need to work a little harder to achieve a given level of competency.

Good luck towards the CWSP!

• Good Job!

That's a spectacular increase in score. I'd assume you now know how to study for a cwnp exam - what to look for etc.

Personally I always push the "Follow the Exam Objectives" mantra !

• Congrats Craig!!

I understand where you are coming from but you did pass and as such, don't look back in frustration, but move on and take what you have learned study habit wise towards your CWSP study. I know the first few times I tried the practice exams I wanted to literally punch the monitor. In fact, I actually flipped it off a time or two after being absolutely sure the answer I indicated was correct to find it wasn't. After I calmed down and I went back and really reviewed the questions and answers after shoring up some weak areas, I totally realized why I was wrong. SO...I took that mindset into the exam room. Read it and take some time to look at what is being asked, rule out obvious wrong answers, and logically deduce what its left.

Anyway, congratulations and welcome to the ranks of a CWNA. It is TRULY a tough certification to get but nothing easy is worth achieving, it is the tough things that bring out our best and separate the men from the minnows. Haha.

Page 1 of 1