Forum

• I just passed the CWNA exam today. Awesome!

So my question is, what would you recommend next in my situation? I'm thinking CCNA Wireless mainly because it'll renew my CCNA that expires in november. But it sounds like CWSP might make more sense while its fresh.

It took me about 6 months to study for the CWNA.

• Pete,

I wanted to follow up after reading the Sybex book. I thought there were a lot of errors, but also plenty of good info that helped me to pass (be sure to read the questions and answers at the end of each chapter). I read through it 2x and looked up some things that seemed contradictory.

Fortunately I work with Cisco WCS, 5508 WLCs and a variety of client stations every day. I don't think I would have passed w/o that experience or first learning the CWNA material.

I've heard that the Cisco Press books don't cover RF fundamentals enough. The author of this book did do a good job on that subject, although not as in-depth as the CWNA Official study guide.

-Andrew

• Andy

Have just gone through Brandon's book. The RF sections are a bit "wishy-washy", but from Chapters 10 onwards, I found a lot of good information. Could have done with that book when I had to configure my first controller many moons ago at 3 in the morning in the middle of nowhere with no documentation. That was a night I won't forget.

There is a LOT of errata ( under updates )

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587202115

Have gone through "CCNA Wireless" by Chou and Kang. It is a useful supplement to Brandon's book. I wouldn't use it solely for passing the exam as it is lacking in some areas. However, some of the diagrams and explanations are really good.

Has anyone gone through Todd Lammle's CCNA Wireless book yet ?

Dave

• how about doing MCITP after CWNA, is that a good idea

Page 1 of 1