Forum

• I've been selected at the place I work, a hospital, to become the "Wireless Man". There is this one problem we've had constantly since I started working here over four years ago and that is in one area where we have a wireless cart for registering patients seems to drop at random times. There is one app that is very sensitive to these drops and crashes when this happens. A lot of the time it's right when the registrar has almost finished with the patient.This causes untold frustration for both the patient and the registrar.

I've been given a lot of "Could be" scenarios and being very new to wireless I am not sure where to start.

I've checked the logs on this AP (Foundry IronPoint 200 using 802.11g) and I keep seeing this entry:

[quote]Jul 02 09:03:38 Warning: AP is receiving more than 50 multicast frames per second. Potential network overload condition exists.[/quote]

There is only one wireless device in that area which is the cart. They run that connection sensitive app and the rest is done through Citrix. So, what could be causing the AP to overload like this?

The AP is set up with two SSIDs. One for internal hospital use and the other for patients to use. I wonder if disabling the patient use SSID would help since it may be connections coming in on that SSID that could be overloading the AP.

What are your opinions?

Page 1 of 1