Forum

• Hi All,

Are there any products which fulfil the same function as Aruba's Airwave? I admin a deployment of Aruba Access Points, and am on the verge of ordering the Airwave product, but have been asked to see if there are any competing products I should be considering. I am not aware of any... is anyone else?

Thanks in advance!

• I am sure there is something. I am not familiar with them but I am with Airwave. Check out these two posts.

http://www.wifigeeks.com/journal/2011/9/13/aruba-networks-airwave-management-system-review.html
    http://www.wifigeeks.com/journal/2011/10/19/my-experience-at-aruba-networks-airwave-training.html

• Thanks for the speedy response...

As a quick aside, I see my e-mail address by my post instead of my username... Are you seeing that too?

• I sure do. Click your name on the left, then click edit, then change your ?Display name as? field.

• Brilliant, thanks!

I'm very much sold on the product myself, so just looking to do Due Diligence before spending a bunch of UK.PLC's money :)

• Well that is a good idea. Maybe some other people can chime in on other products, but it is hard to win against Airwave?s reporting capabilities.

• I like the reporting capabilities of Motorola's IPS a.k.a AirDefense. but it's really expensive and compatible to most of the APs but not aruba.

• By (Deleted User)

For enterprise-class management of Aruba APs, AirWave is the best choice by a mile. No competition really, and I'm vendor-neutral. :)

• Airwave is awesome for reporting, but it isn't the best RF planning, design and deployment tool out there in my opinion. But yeah, when running Aruba APs, I guess it is better to stick with their own products :)

Cheers,
    Fin

• I agree. I hope no one ever uses Airwave to perform predictive surveys. I'd be OK With someone tossing a few APs on the map inside airwaive for a rough look. But please go through and perform an actually
    Active survey. If you must do a predictive only, use something like Air magnet for that.

Page 1 of 1