Forum

• I will be studying the CWSP book from Planet3 and will also be taking an approved course. However, I am trying to decide at what stage to take the class. Here are the three options that I have been thinking of.

1. At the beginning of CWSP study. I'll already have my CWNA as a frame of reference.

2. Study for a few weeks to get a baseline of knowledge then take the course.

3. Study my heart out (say.. for a couple of months) then take the course so I have a lot of knowledge and can take advantage of having all of the equipment there to play with.

Thank you very much in advance for your thoughts.

Gene

• I would go for option 3.
    I am an old timer and have taken many tests.
    1. first read material and get to know it very well
    2. Try and get some equipment to practice on.
    3. Then go to class- you would have to fight with new terms and you can concentrate of the equipment.
    Usually when I start to feel i can read no more about the subject I am ready for the test.
    Now that being said. What is the only test I didn't do this for? CWNA . I studied a little and went for the test. I missed by 1 point. I don't believe in contesting test so I went back and studied
    more on points I was weak. I passed.

• As a CWNP trainer, here are my thoughts...

If possible, read through the entire study guide once before attending the class. The CWSP course is very hands-on, so getting the chance to hear the concepts a second time through lecture and then applying those concepts in labs really helps with the "knowledge transfer."

I also like taking one exam before the class, to know what to expect. After the class, I'd re-read the study guide, take the practice tests, then review the areas I was weak in.

This is pretty time-consuming, but you will internalize the information, and it will stick. Good luck!

Page 1 of 1