Forum

• I am getting very frustrated with the CWSP practice tests. It is like they are written to trick you into picking the wrong answer. Sometimes, they have all kinds of extraneous information in the problem that does not pertain to the question they are asking. If you make your answer based off of the question they are asking and the extraneous information, then they are only expecting you to make the decision based on the question, not the rest of the information provided in the problem. And in, other questions, they make a question and when you answer that question ignoring the extraneous information, then they expect you to have accounted for all of the information provided, not just what they were asking about. How the heck are we supposed to know when they want us to use the extraneous information and when not to? I would give you some specific examples of what I am talking about, but I'm not allowed to reprint any of the questions in part or in whole. So, that eliminates that possibility.

Also, some the questions are very narrow minded. They ask you to make a choice of two items when four items are actually really good answers if you consider all forms of the other two items. And sometimes the two items they choose are not really the best answer for what they are asking because they are making assumptions about certain answers that are just not correct in real life. (Like it costing money to implement secure forms of common applications). They are also making assumptions about the answers they are choosing as the correct ones that are not true in real life. I can name at least 6 different 802.11 vendors that do not offer a firmware upgrade to WPA for non-WPA compliant devices. In fact, from my experience, I have only dealt with a few vendors who actually do this. Most have chosen not to issue upgrade firmware to support WPA in order to get people to buy new equipment.

At least with the CWNA exam the questions were direct and to the point. Which protocol does this? What would you do to do that? What does this stand for? None of this misleading stuff that the CWSP practice questions are about.

Has anyone else felt this way about these questions, or am I the only one?

• I'd just like to follow up and say that I submitted numerous comments on the questions I did not like and it looks like they will be getting replaced. So, if anyone else has issues with the practice test questions, make sure you state why in comments for those questions.

Page 1 of 1