Forum

WIPS/WNMS

10 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CWSP - Enterprise Wi-Fi Security
Last Post: February 28, 2006:
  • What reference, if any is there for WIPS/WNMS/WIDS? I've searched through the whitepapers here (1 sales pitch for a WIPS, with no protocol info at all), and online, but I'm having trouble finding any whitepapers or spec sheets that talk about the protocols? I can find plenty of vendors, but none that wish to divulge their secrets.

• No secrets here but good reading. Try this link for information about protection systems.

http://www.airdefense.net/whitepapers/index.php

• I tried to access this last night, specifically the WIPS white paper, even registered, but all I got was a thanks, we'll be in touch?

• I'll look into it when I get to the office on Monday and send you a better link or some other information.

• Here is the AirTight patent on WIPS that recently was aprroved. Bryan's boys at AirDefense are contesting it, of course, but it does give a good insight into the protocols you are looking for.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=7,002,943.WKU.&OS=PN/7,002,943&RS=PN/7,002,943

• hootie,

If you fill out the information request online, you should get a reply with the white papers. If you have an issue with this, send me a PM and I will try to get the information to you in another format.

• I did fill it out, never got a response, but I would definitely appreciate any help :)

• hootie,

If AirDefense is lagging try AirMagnet (www.airmagnet.com). Take a look at their AM Enterprise product. I believe they have some papers on WIPS. Another option is those patent-hounds at AirTight (www.airtightnetworks.net) might have something.

That patent I linked to does provide very detailed information on the protocols that are used with WIPS. I know it is a tough read, but it's all there.

• A wealth of info Ben, I do appreciate it :)

• The person that handles requests is out this week. Hootie, send me a PM with your email address and the specfic items for which you are looking and I will get them to you.

Page 1 of 1