Forum

• Hi All,

I understand that the new CWSP study guide will not be available until June 2006 (as indicated by kevinator). So does anybody recommend any of the books from the CWSP requirements list below?

http://www.cwnp.com/cwsp/requirements.html

My budget is not going to stretch to the whole list, so any recommendations would be greatfully received.

Thanks.
    Matt

• The IEEE 802.11 Handbook is very good. Mind numbing to get through, but very, very thorough.

• Thanks Wade !

• You should also read the IEEE 802.11i standard. Again, it's painful, but it should be considered required reading for the CWSP. The first time I took the CWSP I prep'd by skimming through the handbook and standard, highlighting a few things and making a few notes. Missed passing by two points. I am now reading the standard and I can see I would have passed had I taken the time to completley read the standard.

• There are two CWNP whitepapers in the Learning Center that explain the more complex topics in the 802.11i amendment. You can search by "RSN" for one of them and "Chicken" for the other. :-)

Devinator

• Wade How would you compare the CWNA/CWSP exam format to the CISSP.
    When I remember my CISSP exam back in 03,I get ill. It was confusing and just weird is the only word I can use to explain my thoughts.

Thanks
    Roland

wmackey Escribi?3:

The IEEE 802.11 Handbook is very good. Mind numbing to get through, but very, very thorough.

• It's been 5 years since I took the CISSP, but the major diffference would be the breadth of the material. With the CISSP, the question could come from just about anywhere. At least with CWNA/CWSP there is a focus to the exam.

Page 1 of 1