Forum

• If anyone wants to use OmniPeek Personal (free) ...

http://www.wildpackets.com/products/omni/omnipeek_personal/overview

...to do some CLEAN (meaning no extraneous frames and no missing frames in the trace) captures of different security mechanisms, such as...

WEP-128 - Open System
    WEP-128 - Shared Key
    WPA-PSK/TKIP
    WPA2-PSK/CCMP
    PEAP-EAP-TLS
    PEAP-EAP-MSCHAPv2
    EAP-TTLS
    LEAP
    EAP-FAST
    EAP-TLS
    EAP-MD5
    IPSec/ESP
    PPTP/MS-CHAPv2

...then I will gladly collect them (give you an FTP login to our server to upload them), and then post them all as a collection on our website as learning aids. I will give anyone that participates credit for their participation. This task will take such a significant amount of time, that I figured it best if we distribute the work among our constituents.

If you need a RADIUS server that can do PEAP, EAP-TTLS, etc, please let me know. Also, when a username and password are involved (as in most protocols), please use "username" and "password" (in lower case) as the credentials, so that they can be searched in the protocol analyzer.

To be acceptable, the capture files must have only the frames that are part of the authentication and association. All frames must be present in the trace, and all frames should be in an unbroken sequence. Please filter out beacons, probes, etc., and save only the pertinent frames.

Any takers? If so, please post which ones you'll be doing so that we don't duplicate the work. Once you have the trace(s), please PM me, and I'll give you FTP login info.

Thanks!

Devinator

• Not even a little help? Where's all of the bit heads when you need them? :-)

• Devin,

This should be a good exercise,when is the deadline for this.
    I will try out the following and ping you if iam sucessful.

WEP-128 - Open System
    WEP-128 - Shared Key
    WPA-PSK/TKIP
    WPA2-PSK/CCMP
    PEAP-EAP-TLS
    PEAP-EAP-MSCHAPv2
    EAP-TTLS

• GREAT!!! No deadline. We'll put up a URL for downloading these captures when we collect them all. thanks!

• Hi,

Is this task done ? I can do some of the stuff .

Please advice.

Best regards

Aussie

• So far, we have:

EAP-TTLS-TKIP
    EAP-TTLS-CCMP
    Open System - WEP
    Shared Key - WEP
    PEAP-EAP-MSCHAPv2
    WPA-Passphrase-TKIP
    WPA2-Passphrase-CCMP

All of these are thanks to our friend WirelesswizardCWSP!

Please claim the ones that you're wanting to do, so that we don't duplicate effort. I'm reviewing each one personally to make sure it's good to go for the webpage.

• IPSec/ESP
    PEAP-EAP-TLS
    EAP-FAST

These three remain.

Any help?

Devinator

• That looks great having those traces as aids. Do you want the ones from my CWAP work?

http://www.amilabs.com/80211studyaids.htm

This way you can have one large library of traces so CWNPers and students don't have to jump around to different sites like mine to find them.

I am looking forward to seeing these for I have only the CWSP left and am waiting for the new book. Such a trace library would save a lot of time.

Regards..

• WOW! This is an amazing collection!

I had no idea that it was there. THANKS for sharing. Since there are so many of these, might I just put a link on the page we build pointing at these?

thanks!

Devinator

• Funny they have been there since Jan 05 when I passed the CWAP. I posted a link for these aids back then. I just recently added the CommView packet generator templates from the Hack the Mac Projcet.

Hey, how come my Hack the Mac document is not listed in your white papers section?

No probs on the link, as long as the folks can understand the trace file names on my site there should be no issues;)

Regards...

Page 1 of 2