Forum

• Hi,
    I just passed the CWSP today and would like to share what i did to prepare for the test. First i would like to say i was very impressed with the test questions. Not only did they test my knowledge but represented what i thought was the most important and current material in the book.
    I felt i was tested on both my practical and theoretical knowledge which was a nice mix. kudos

Warning not for the light of heart.
    I passed the cwna less than 3 weeks ago. Since that exam covered security and the fact that i have a networking job in which wireless is an important part of our converged environment, I was already familiar with the concepts. I had previously already read the Designers Companion section on 802.11i several times.
    When i got back to work after taking the cwna exam i ordered the cwsp book and exam questions. I went through all of the questions the next week several times, realizing i already had a good understanding, but using the question explanations to fill in the holes i had. I also reread the cwna book section on security and the designers handbook section again.
    When i recieved the book i read 100 pages a day. I would get to work 2 hours early everyday to read and stay after work for 2 hours again to study. I studied for many hours over the weekends. I am fortunate in that where i work they design solutions for wireless ,both enterprise and carrier, so i have the luxury of working with some of these solutions and access to many white papers and Engineers.
    After i finished the book, for 4 days i spent most of my waking non working hours each day reviewing the theory and refining my understanding of wireless security.
    Every day and everynight i would make realizations, have epiphanies of how to model 802.11i (toplogically in my mind) and the philosophy of security and architecture of the solutions. If i couldnt sleep i would wake in the middle of the night and study until i did.
    By the time i entered the exam, the world was a different place. I was seeing the data uncloaked ,unhidden all around me, as it has always been, I just never realized it before.

The journey continues for me. I have found a road on which i truly feel i was meant to travel. I can only wish the same for everyone else.

Many thanks and best wishes to all,
    Rico

• By (Deleted User)

Rico,

Congratulations on a journey well begun. Best of luck to you on the next endeavor...CWNE?

• Thanks Kevin,
    I have the working experience and i think i can pull the project info and letters of reference together, so if it is seen that i am worthy, by what i submit after I complete the cwap, I would consider it an honor if I were to be granted such a title.

best regards
    Rico

• Hi Rico,

I would like to thank you for a great post to the forum. I know it will be encouraging to many here. Also, I'd like to congratulate you on both of your certifications - each is difficult as you know, and I'm impressed that you could get through them so quickly. I expect experience has been a good teacher for you. We are happy to have you on board, and hope to see much of you in the near future!

Devinator

• Congrats,
    I am looking forward for more inputs from you-would be a help ful tip

Saj

Rico Escribi?3:

Hi,
    I just passed the CWSP today and would like to share what i did to prepare for the test. First i would like to say i was very impressed with the test questions. Not only did they test my knowledge but represented what i thought was the most important and current material in the book.
    I felt i was tested on both my practical and theoretical knowledge which was a nice mix. kudos

Warning not for the light of heart.
    I passed the cwna less than 3 weeks ago. Since that exam covered security and the fact that i have a networking job in which wireless is an important part of our converged environment, I was already familiar with the concepts. I had previously already read the Designers Companion section on 802.11i several times.
    When i got back to work after taking the cwna exam i ordered the cwsp book and exam questions. I went through all of the questions the next week several times, realizing i already had a good understanding, but using the question explanations to fill in the holes i had. I also reread the cwna book section on security and the designers handbook section again.
    When i recieved the book i read 100 pages a day. I would get to work 2 hours early everyday to read and stay after work for 2 hours again to study. I studied for many hours over the weekends. I am fortunate in that where i work they design solutions for wireless ,both enterprise and carrier, so i have the luxury of working with some of these solutions and access to many white papers and Engineers.
    After i finished the book, for 4 days i spent most of my waking non working hours each day reviewing the theory and refining my understanding of wireless security.
    Every day and everynight i would make realizations, have epiphanies of how to model 802.11i (toplogically in my mind) and the philosophy of security and architecture of the solutions. If i couldnt sleep i would wake in the middle of the night and study until i did.
    By the time i entered the exam, the world was a different place. I was seeing the data uncloaked ,unhidden all around me, as it has always been, I just never realized it before.

The journey continues for me. I have found a road on which i truly feel i was meant to travel. I can only wish the same for everyone else.

Many thanks and best wishes to all,
    Rico

• Hi Devin.

Thanks, actually i didnt pass the cwna the first time, so in reality I put a lot of work into passing it for the first and second time, when I was finally able to pass. You are right its not easy stuff.
    I try to use knowledge as building blocks and use what i learned in the past to assist what i am currently working on. I passed the CWSP with 73%, so i guess there is still room for improvement. I have not put that knowledge aside, I will continue to build on it as i move forward in both work and my studies. These accomplishments are more than paper to me. They are the accumulation of very valuable knowledge and powerful skill sets I use to assist me in solving problems and creating solutions.

Namaste,
    Rico

• I love your posts Rico!

Page 1 of 1