Forum

• Naval Postgraduate School Information Systems and Operations distance learning graduate certificate program assisted me in preparing for the CWNA. The link is provided below:

http://www.nps.edu/dl/NPSO/cert_progs/iso.html

The actual course that greatly contributed to my understanding of the underlying concepts was IS3502 Computer Networks: Wide Area/Local Area (Intro to Information Systems Networks)

Course Description follows:

IS3502 - Computer Networks: Wide Area/Local Area (Intro to Information Systems Networks)

Architecture, standard protocols, and technological advances in computer networks, with an emphasis on internet working and interoperability. Specific topics include open network architectures (OSI vs. DoD architecture), X.25, local area networks, TCP/IP, and a variety of distributed application services built on the client-server model. Students also gain an understanding of Network Centric Warfare requirements surrounding DDN (Defense Data Network), X.400-based DMS (Defense Message System), SDNS (Secure Data Network Service), and GOSIP (Government Open System Interconnection Profile).

I hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1