Forum

• By (Deleted User)

Think enterprise wireless networks are secure? Guess again. Remember a couple of years ago when Marshall's got hacked and a BUNCH of credit card data got stolen? Well, the investigators figured out how the hackers stole the data. Here's an excerpt from the Wall Street Journal article on the subject:

"The biggest known theft of credit-card numbers in history began two summers ago outside a Marshalls discount clothing store near St. Paul, Minn.

There, investigators now believe, hackers pointed a telescope-shaped antenna toward the store and used a laptop computer to decode data streaming through the air between hand-held price-checking devices, cash registers and the store's computers. That helped them hack into the central database of Marshalls' parent, TJX Cos. in Framingham, Mass., to repeatedly purloin information about customers.

The $17.4-billion retailer's wireless network had less security than many people have on their home networks"

The whole article is here:
    http://online.wsj.com/article_email/article_print/SB117824446226991797-lMyQjAxMDE3NzA4NDIwNDQ0Wj.html

Need a job? Learn how to really secure an enterprise wireless network.

• By (Deleted User)

Need a job? Learn how to really secure an enterprise wireless network.

I second that Kevinator and forum readers,

I start working as a Wireless Security Engineer on next week for a large city government, as a contractor. I see nothing but good things ahead for Wireless Security and am spending more and more energy in my CWSP book to strengthen my understanding of the requirements.

Any lessons learned from the Pros would be more than welcomed.

Best Regards

• The new CWSP courseware is written with the premise in mind that learning to secure a WLAN is far more valuable than learning to hack into them. The new labs focus on controllers, policy, reporting/notification,RSNs, WIPS, FSR, and use of protocol analyzers. Hacking is covered to a small degree, but the large focus is on designing and building secure networks.

Devinator

Page 1 of 1