Forum

• A few suggestions for the next edition of the CSWP study guide:

1. All the discussion on alternative WLAN architectures , CAPWAP, etc. do not belong in the CWSP book. This is architecture information, not security information. That said, different architectures have different security implications (including availability, since uptime is a security consideration), so the security implications of different architectures definitely belongs in CWSP. That of course necessitates some minimum level of explanation of the alternative WLAN architectures, but not to the extent that is currently in the books.

2. WLAN switch/controller considerations with respect to placement in the network topology and performance do not belong in CWSP. This is topology engineering 101. There are several practice questions in the quizzes on this material yet little corresponding (i.e. early warning signals) in the CWSP study guide, which is a second but separate issue as well.

I'm not disputing the value and importance of these topics to the WLAN professional. I just believe the material belongs elsewhere.

One man's opinions. Feedback of course is welcome.

Page 1 of 1