Forum

• Can a highly qualified guru with recent multiple enterprise wi-fi systems design and actual deployment experience (e.g., cisco, aruba, meru, colubris, etc.), assist me with analyzing the security architecture, integration and posture of the products, and making a decision on which vendor provides the most applicable solution for the environment?

The wi-fi system will support employee LAN access (laptops, pda's, voip phones), full OPEN public access(!), and some devices that the public uses that access backend LAN servers.

I'm still getting used to the idea of an AP supporting mixed use, so perhaps we can start there because I'm accustomed to VLAN's being nothing more than a paper wall.

I'm looking forward to a really high-level guru stepping up to this opportunity (very respectable compensation is assumed). Of course, all the assistance can be done remotely and in the evening hours/weekends, if that's preferable to you!

TIA!

• I would be happy to discuss this with you. Send me a message at douglashaider@hotmail with a good contact phone number. Please put "CWNP" in the email so that I don't accidentally delete it.

Respectfully,
    Douglas

CWNE, CISSP, CISM, PMP

• BTW, to everyone, this is such a large deployment, that there is plenty of funding to get input from multiple experts. So even though others may reply, if you have exeperience with the mentioned vendors in a deployment near this size, I'd appreciate talking with you! Feel free to PM me.

Forum moderators, included! :-)

• By (Deleted User)

Nuit,

Not an expert but have been dealing with Cisco & Aruba quite a bit & from conversations with colleagues around me CCIE types, these guys really like the security features & benefits built into the Aruba controller. The stateful firewall allows you to put devices into roles, these roles can then be tied into what can be accessed, thereofre a corporate laptop would tie back to lets say an 802.1x profile, while a guest user would be pointed directly at a captive portal which would only allow http access for example.

Just my 2 cents worth, hope it helps

Page 1 of 1