Forum

• Please has anyone got any leads on the P802.11w draft...the underlying mechanisms of its protecting management and control frames and details of its fundamental dependency on 802.11i (or Clause 8) ?

I'd like to know - does every WLAN NIC in radio range of a disassociation/deauthentication frame from ANY AP (spoofed or not, SoftAP or not)
    have to effect the notification?otherwise, it what ways are they affected?

how is 802.1X?EAP port-based authentication deployed in an IBSS or Ad-hoc WLAN?

can someone please, in the most simplistic of terms, explain what exactly Weak IV's are, why some are more interesting than others and how Micheal (MIC) mitigates the vulnerability they present.

OK, this is WarDriving related (and for now I know not of any legal complications in my country & yes...I will stay ethical & true to the Jedi Order ;-)),
    I disabled my onboard Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG WLAN NIC and I can't seem to get it back up...and no, I'm actually running Linux openSUSE 10.3 on a HP 530 Notebook PC (yes, I'v converted to the faith of the OpenSource/'Lightside' movement - but I still keep Windows XP running...on a virtual machine...just in case I backslide! :-))

& just for saying, I downloaded backtrack2 - THE custom-built, penetration testing Linux OS that takes hacking to a totally new dimension (www.remote-exploit.org)!
    ----->>>just got back into Lagos on break from my mandatory National Youth Service in Ondo state to pick up my CWSP 2nd Edition book ...CWSP here I come!

Page 1 of 1