Forum

• SSL VPN? Are these out in the wild anywhere? They seem to make perfect sense for environments such as a college campus. Student's machines and 802.11i can be a real headache. Anyone have some insight? Are they easily deployable, scaleable, secureable?

• I'm guessing your security goals are authentication and encryption like usual. The biggest problem I see with any college campus solution is support. Whether they are required to use .1X or VPN, the support would seem to be the pain. Have you addressed that?

GTHill

• The support is in place, the problem is/was getting the laptops configured for .1x. Updated drivers, hot-fixes, etc. Students don't like to follow documentation apparently. Student workers had to be hired to man stations where people could get their machines configured. I have no idea what that cost was. The load on the help desk increased as well. This will happen at the beginning of every semester. It just seems that there has to be a better way. We do have a laptop program where the wireless profiles are built into the software image but participation is not required.

Page 1 of 1