Forum

• Hello CWNP Mates,

I passed the CWSP with 81%. I found the exam somehow better than CWNA, perhaps because many of the subjects of CWSP are found in the CWNA.

I prepared using CWNA 3rd Edition, CWSP 2nd Edition, CWAP, a book i bought at Amazon about Penetration tests and 802.11i

If you are looking to take the CWSP and you have done the CWNA i encourage you to review the part of security as well as EAP and monitoring/location of Wlans.

Also what helped me a lot was to get demo versions of Protocol Analyzers and pictures of the behavior of RF Spectrum Analyzers.

Well, i believe i have talked enough for mates to prepare.

Salute !
    Cheers !

• By (Deleted User)

Nicely done. 81% is a great score. Thanks for sharing your tips and methods! CWNE next?

• Congratulations & thanks for mentioning the prep material used..

I'm looking forward to the CWSP too as I've already gone through the CWAP book (during my prep for CWNA) and CWNA official guide.

• does any one know, if we can sit the CCNA wireless after having CWNA and CWSP ?

would it be fairly easy to pass or should get some cisco wireless books ?

I believe i will start that track if it is not too much hassle.

I am already on Voip tracking, have the QOS ,GW GK, TUC remaining.

Happy Holidays

• Congratulations and thanks for the study suggestions. CWSP exam is about a month away for me!

Great score by the way!

As far as the CCNA-Wireless cert check out the 6 practice IUWNE exams at this Cisco site:

https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/community/certifications/wireless_ccna/iuwne#cisco_3

I've gone through all these and feel you could easily answer the 802.11 portions of the exam from your CWNP knowledge but I think you will need to know Cisco controllers and WCS to pass the exam!

Unfortunately I feel this would take quite a bit of hands on knowledge in my opinion, especially with the controllers. Installing, fine tuning, and troubleshooting requires knowledge of both the GUI and CLI.

Unlike CWNP, this is very vendor specific but you have a CCNA so you know what I'm talking about:)

Hope the link helps!!

• batjedi Escribi?3:

does any one know, if we can sit the CCNA wireless after having CWNA and CWSP ?

would it be fairly easy to pass or should get some cisco wireless books ?

I believe i will start that track if it is not too much hassle.

I am already on Voip tracking, have the QOS ,GW GK, TUC remaining.

Happy Holidays

The prereq for the CCNA Wireless, is a CCNA. You can bet your bottom that you will need to have cisco product experience and insure your answers are the cisco way ... ;)

Page 1 of 1