Forum

• Wow.. Hell must have frozen over because I just passed the CWSP. Just want to share with everybody what worked for me. Number one thing is get the
    books and read it cover to cover, take notes on what you don't understand and Google it later. Take the practice test and intentionally get the
    answers wrong if you don't understand what?¡é?€??s being asked. Look at explanation and why you got it wrong and re-read it.

1.) Get the four book.
    CWSP 0072230126
    CWNA 0072255382
    CWNA: Certified Wireless Network Administrator Study Guide (Exam PW0-100) SYBEX 0471789526
    Implementing 802.1X Security Solutions for Wired and Wireless Networks 9780470168608 (Must Have Book)
    Why get the CWNA books? Because these books have allot of info you need for the CWSP...yes seriously.

2.) Learn all the EAP types, 4-Way Handshake, VPN, IPsec, L2TP, WIPS, WIDS, RSNA, WLAN policy and how they work.
    Download screenshots and PDF on WiFi utilities...Cisco....AirMagner...Commview for WiFi..AiroPeek..WiFi Hopper...Netstumbler.
    Yes I know some of these are idiot proof and you should have used some of these but the good ones are commercial and very expensive.

3.) The tests are adaptive and random..So you have to know everything.
    Practice tests are very close to the real thing. Read the questions slowly and understand what its asking don't jump to conclusions...think...think...look at the scenario that is being asked not what you think is being asked. Yes that sounds strange but don't jump to
    conclusions again.

4.) Extra Books to consider.
    WarDriving: Drive, Detect, Defend, A Guide to Wireless Security 1931836035
    Maximum Wireless Security 0672324881

Fun Books
    Wi-Fi Toys: 15 Cool Wireless Projects for Home, Office, and Entertainment 0764558943
    Wireless Hacks: 100 Industrial-Strength Tips & Tools 0596005598

Books List:

Hope this helps some people. And now on to the CWSP test. Anybody hiring WiFi, Server, WiFi Security IT person in the Detroit area? Yes I?¡é?€??m selling

myself out..:)

Thanks for listening.

Mike

• hi, I passed the CWSP exam a month ago, so I know how you're feeling right now ;-)

I studied in the official study guide and did the free online practice test on the CWNP website.

The exam was basically normal in difficulty but I had several questions which were a bit tough. I don't remember them exactly, but I do remember questions where you had in the exhibit a captured wireless authentication frames, asking you about what went wrong or why did the authentication process took longer than usual.

By the way, any of you who is preparing for any CWNP exam, the official study guide alone is definitely not enough.

Gratz once again Mike

• Gratz on the pass. I re certified today and I still find the exam difficult.

Make sure you are familiar with spectrum analyzer outputs.

The frame capture are usually not too bad if you look for the exception.

Read as much as you can outside the book and practice tests.

• By (Deleted User)

mikequickswick - congratulations, and thanks for sharing your prep.

One thing: CWNP exams are not adaptive. Random, yes. Adaptive, no. You'll always see 60 questions.

Page 1 of 1