Forum

• Hi all,

WEP crack is a obsolete topic, but i would like to renew one because currently, i can't crack WEP jet

i have found many posts on internet guide how to crack
    WEP, but seem those posts are obsolete with current WEP

i don't know current WEP method has any difference with recent WEP one or two years ago ?

Can any body help me have good practice by showing me some tips how to capture quickly and enough IVs packet, i captured over 200M .cap file but on have 10 iVs ?

• rick0n Escribi?3:

Hi all,

WEP crack is a obsolete topic, but i would like to renew one because currently, i can't crack WEP jet

i have found many posts on internet guide how to crack
    WEP, but seem those posts are obsolete with current WEP

i don't know current WEP method has any difference with recent WEP one or two years ago ?

Can any body help me have good practice by showing me some tips how to capture quickly and enough IVs packet, i captured over 200M .cap file but on have 10 iVs ?

Actually, funny you say that... Im posting all ,y labs in the next few weeks at www.my80211.com. I will be covering cracking WEP, WPA and LEAP on both Backtrack3 and Windows.

In the mean time, you can break WEP with Windows or Linux. What do you want to cover and we can get you up to speed quick ...

You will need more IVs then that, in some cases 200,000 or more...

• Thank GStefanick,

i'm very happy when hear that, hopefully you will complete your lab soon,

on linux or backtrack , everyone usually use airodump to capture IVs, and crack by aircrack

how about version for Windows, which tool is used to capture IVs packets, i have tried to find out but i don't see a tool like airodump for linux on windows, i heard we have a airodump version for windows but i don't find yet.

Which tool for windowns plays the same role as airelay-ng on linux ?

Can you explain in which case which option in aireplay will be applied , i don't quite understand that method

• rick0n Escribi?3:

Thank GStefanick,

i'm very happy when hear that, hopefully you will complete your lab soon,

on linux or backtrack , everyone usually use airodump to capture IVs, and crack by aircrack

how about version for Windows, which tool is used to capture IVs packets, i have tried to find out but i don't see a tool like airodump for linux on windows, i heard we have a airodump version for windows but i don't find yet.

Which tool for windowns plays the same role as airelay-ng on linux ?

Can you explain in which case which option in aireplay will be applied , i don't quite understand that method

Here is the link you will need for windows, http://www.wirelessdefence.org/Contents/Aircrack-ng_WinMain.htm

If you want to do packet injection, airplay-ng is your ticket. Its a linux based app. Ive used airplay and like it.

I understand wireshark for windows with airpcap can do packet injection. I haven't worked with this this usb dongle yet. Here is the link and its a bit $$$ ...

http://www.cacetech.com/products/airpcap-tx.htm

• Hi GStefanick,

How is your site going ?

;-)

Page 1 of 1