Forum

• By (Deleted User)

Here's a great article on the current status of the security of enterprise Wi-Fi networks.

Good news: Wi-Fi can be made very secure, by those who are properly trained to know how to do it (shameless plug for CWSP)

Bad news: businesses - RETAILERS USING YOUR CREDIT CARDS - are still not implementing wireless LAN security!

Some excerpts:

several recent studies show that a huge number of small businesses don't bother to use any encryption on their Wi-Fi networks. And that includes retailers, which are endangering customers' credit cards.

- this AFTER the infamous TJMaxx fiasco

According to the Identity Theft Resource Center, there were 656 reported identity data breaches in 2008, including customers' credit card and Social Security numbers, up from 446 in 2007.

- Shouldn't it be getting better, not worse?

...the features only work if you turn them on. If you run a wireless network, and especially if you run a retail business, take 15 minutes to set the encryption and passwords on your network.

- um, yeah, WLAN security is plug-n-play, right?

Can you believe it? Read this.

Who says Wi-Fi security is old news? Unreal.

Kevin

• Just amazing isn't it..

I guess for company's it should become illegal to run an open network.

Or at least proper education via the government or whatever public regulator should be there.

• By (Deleted User)

No, I think the market will take care of that. I bet TJMaxx's WLAN is pretty solid now.

Page 1 of 1